Information on:

Fryeburg Fair

Fryeburg Fair
1154 Main Street

Fryeburg Fair is officially the West Oxford Agricultural Society, sometimes known as Maine's Blue Ribbon Classic. It was incorporated on June 3, 1851 with ten Maine member towns. Five New Hampshire border towns were added in 1888 and a sixth in 1906. Now it has sixteen towns in Maine (Baldwin, Bridgton, Brownfield, Cornish, Denmark, Fryeburg, Harrison, Hiram, Lovell, Otisfield, Porter, Standish, Stoneham, Stow, Sweden, Waterford ) and six in New Hampshire (Bartlett, Chatham, Conway, Eaton, Freedom, Jackson).

The first few years the fair moved from town to town until the Society voted to make Fryeburg its permanent location. In 1858 it held its first fair under its own roof, but it outgrew that location and moved to its present site in 1885. The Society is now fortunate to have more than 180 acres with approximately 100 buildings. Over 40 departments and 600 employees help the fair run smoothly for eight days during the first week of October. It has been and always will be our goal to promote agriculture and educate the public.

Fryeburg Fair is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media
Select a Maine town to find
the Best Things-To-Do and Places To Go around you